A Smart Houston DWI Defense Lawyer
If you are looking for a smart Houston DWI lawyer to represent you, or a loved one on a criminal charges of drunk driving in Houston, TX, then we recommend consulting with Houston DWI attorney Tad Nelson as soon as you can.
Houston based DWI defense lawyer Tad A. Nelson is a highly qualified criminal law attorney and DWI lawyer-scientist who brings to bear a wealth of experience when it comes to fighting criminal charges levied by the State of Texas’ prosecutors and law enforcement officials.
Attorney Tad Nelson is a native Texan that works with attorney Amber Spurlock, who is fluent in the Spanish language, and are both as true Texans as one can ask for if they are looking for a lawyer who operates within the framework of a Texas state of mind.
After all, not only is Texas a place on the map, it is also a “State of Mind” which transcends borders in every way possible.
The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates not only represents persons accused of DWI offenses in Houston, but also handles all types of criminal cases as illustrated by the list below.
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Murder, Capital Murder, Negligent Homicide, Manslaughter, Intoxicated Manslaughter, Murder for Hire
- Robbery, Aggravated Robbery, Sex Crimes, Drug Crimes, Theft Crimes
- White Collar Crimes and criminal offenses like embezzlement and fraud.
- All federal, felony, and misdemeanor drug crimes.
- All forms of murder and assault charges.
- All forms of sex crimes, including rape, date rape, internet sex crimes, possession of child pornography, and more.
- Matters involving federal immigration laws.
- Auto theft, distribution of cocaine, possession of marijuana, and delivery of narcotics.
- Probation violation and motions to revoke parole.
- Assault of a family member and cases involving domestic violence.
- Federal crimes like bank robbery, money laundering, and human trafficking.
A Board Certified Houston DWI Lawyer
When you retain a criminal defense lawyer like Tad Nelson for your legal representation with regard to criminal defense matters, you gain the luxury of having an attorney who is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in criminal law on your side.
Why Board Certification is Important
A number of people simply don’t understand the benefit they are afforded by having an attorney who is board certified in criminal law in their corner.
Simply put, most criminal defense lawyers in Houston simply aren’t smart enough, have enough experience, or have enough respect from the legal community to warrant a criminal law certification. In order for a criminal defense lawyer to obtain a certification in criminal law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization they must complete the following;
- Get a number of recommendations from sitting judges,
- Get a number of recommendations from criminal defense attorneys who are already board certified,
- Pass strenuous exams related to criminal law,
- And accomplish a number of other tasks determined by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
In short, when you have a board certified criminal law attorney on your side, you know that you have one the best attorneys in Texas on your side fighting for your best interest in the court of law.
By having a board certified attorney, you know that you are working with an expert who knows “all” the ins and outs of criminal defense and quite frankly someone smart and far more seasoned that the attorney who will be representing the state during court proceedings.
Attorney Tad Nelson’s Legal Associations
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- National College for DUI Defense
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Texas State Bar Municipal Judges Section
- Texas State Bar Criminal Justice Section
- Harris County Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
The most notable association, aside from the TBLS criminal law certification, would be the certification from the National College of DUI Defense. Among the benefits of the NDAA, is on-going training with regard to sharpening the legal defense skills of attorneys who are focused on winning in cases in which their clients are accused of DUI (driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol), and DWI cases (driving while intoxicated – often referred to drunk driving).
The extended forms of expert training can come in handy considering the overbearing encroachment on citizen rights by sweeping police state actions like “no refusal weekends” where the police violate the 4th Amendment Rights of the citizenry, in mass, on a regular basis.
Drug Crimes and Federal Indictments
The attorneys of the Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates are also admitted into federal courthouses around the nation. If you are facing a federal indictment related to the distribution, trafficking, or manufacture of narcotics, or feel that you are under investigation by the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) or the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), Houston criminal defense lawyer Tad Nelson may be able to assist you.
Its important to act fast if you think you are under investigation by law enforcement as it may give you an edge in beating any resulting criminal charges. A smart lawyer will know the steps to take to limit the seriousness of future potential criminal charges, if not eliminate them entirely prior to criminal charges being filed in the first place. An attorneys like Tad Nelson & Amber Spurlock will know immediately what precautionary measures to employ at the outset of your decision to retain the firm for your criminal defense.
An Affordable Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer
Its understandable why some people feel they can’t afford to hire one of the best lawyers in Houston, but those fears are unfounded when it comes to working with the Madrid Law Firm. Attorney Tad Nelson prides himself on being able to run a high-end law firm while still being able to work with anyone at a discount who may have a limited budget.
He knows that people who can afford his services the least are the ones that need it the most, making him a compassionate criminal defense lawyer who is known to have a caring demeanor when it comes to his clients.
Being accused of a felony or misdemeanor criminal offense means the chance of losing your freedom and being locked down in a Texas jail.